Readington Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is paintball a sport???

+3
Timmo
Javs
Nick Phillips
7 posters

Go down

Is paintball a sport??? Empty Is paintball a sport???

Post by Nick Phillips Mon May 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Recently, i thought that paintball wasn't a sport, which led to some arguments between me, Timmo, and Dp. So it was kind of bugging me so i went on wikipedia and found the definition of a sport-

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determiner of the outcome (winning or losing), but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports (a common name for some card games and board games with little to no element of chance) and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors.

With everything on Wikipedia being fact, (which it is), i would say that paintball qualifies as a sport, and i guess i was wrong. But i still think paintball is nothing to obsess over, ie. $6000 on gear. *cough*Timmo*cough*.
The tall people have spoken.

Nick Phillips
Former Douche Bag
Former Douche Bag

Back to top Go down

Is paintball a sport??? Empty Re: Is paintball a sport???

Post by Javs Tue May 06, 2008 4:44 am

Nick Phillips wrote:Wikipedia being fact, (which it is)
Just a heads up on this one, Wikipedia doesn't always tell you the truth. anyone that is a member of wikipedia can put in anything they want. (i.e. Javs ran the fastest mile in 2007, with an end time of 2 minutes 7 seconds). trust me I've messed around with wiki before too.
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Phillips Tue May 06, 2008 3:00 pm

yeah i know. But like 95% of the time it is true so i always get pissed off when you cant use it for sources for projects and stuff, so I always support it as fact just in the hope that someday it will be. And you can usually tell whats true and not, for example, this seems to be a pretty valid definition of sports.

Nick Phillips
Former Douche Bag
Former Douche Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Javs Tue May 06, 2008 6:07 pm

yeah true that. but paintball is a sport just like cheerleading is. glad your convinced that it is
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmo Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

cheerleading isnt a sport! there is no definitive objective. It is judged, not reffed. A group of people sit at a table and decide who wins based on their personal opinion. One judge could think team A had more "creativity" while another judge could think team B had more "creativity". It will always be subjective and opinionated.

however, just like every other real sport, paintball has a definitive goal, with rules, regulations, and a clear winner. There are referees, point systems, and penalties. At the end of a paintball tournament, the winner is not a matter of opinion, but a matter of fact. No one can argue that the second place team did better.
Paintall has just as many rules and standards as any other sport...dont believe me?
http://www.nppl.com/NPPLRuleBooks/2008_NPPL_Rulebook.pdf
its hard to argue with that ^^^
Timmo
Timmo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

http://www.lostsoulspaintball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Javs Wed May 07, 2008 4:13 pm

go tell that to a cheerleader. i once said the samething. i got owned by cheerleaders Crying or Very sad
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmo Wed May 07, 2008 4:51 pm

ahah i told it to ashely fields once in my bio class, she was all "oh no you di'int" and snapped her fingers in a z formation.
Timmo
Timmo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Phillips Wed May 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Yay im a douche bag. And hello kitty. Fashionable.
next time you talk to ashley fields, notice how she she always looks up when shes thinking, says "like" every three words, and always speaks in a tone like she is defending her point views, for example, exaggerate the italicized words:
"Um like, didn't blacks in the 1870's get like, um (looks up, then down, then up again) treated unfairly and like didn't they get like killed and stuff like by the (looks up) like KKK. Like thats (looks up) bad."
Kind of how she talks. I don't know, but you just pick up on this stuff when you are in a class discussion over reconstruction with her.

Nick Phillips
Former Douche Bag
Former Douche Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Javs Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm

no idea who that is. but go up to emily z and stef s 's group of girls and your gonna get raped by words
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu May 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Well Nick, thats because she's what we like to called [i]racially challenged.
DP
DP
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmo Thu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm

ahah omg nicks right I just noticed that today!! and she puts her one hand up in the air too like shes asking for money or something

i hate feminists
Timmo
Timmo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian (Ginger) Mon May 12, 2008 6:21 pm

"Just a heads up on this one, Wikipedia doesn't always tell you the truth." (Javs to nick)

WRONG WIKIPEDIA IS GOD! Anything you put on it instantly becomes true.

Ian (Ginger)
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by ~//Andre//* Tue May 13, 2008 5:41 am

shut up duche fag
~//Andre//*
~//Andre//*
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Javs Tue May 13, 2008 12:47 pm

haha theres probably an article in wikipedia that says how things become true when posted in there. someone should look that up Mad

and ian, its a lot easier to press the quote button than retyping or copy and pasting the phrase. Smile
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmo Tue May 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Ian (Ginger) wrote:"Just a heads up on this one, Wikipedia doesn't always tell you the truth." (Javs to nick)

WRONG WIKIPEDIA IS GOD! Anything you put on it instantly becomes true.

good, im glad you mentioned that ian! I will have to put something on wikipedia like: "OBAMA IS ADOPTED AND HIS PARENTS DONT LOVE HIM, AND MCCAINS GONNA WIN THE ELECTION"
Timmo
Timmo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by ~//Andre//* Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 am

but that is true timmo
~//Andre//*
~//Andre//*
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jack Sat May 24, 2008 1:14 pm

I think its kinda up to people to determine what they think is a sport. On a paintball forum most poeple will be biased to saying paintball is a sport. Personally I feel it is as it is a team game which has a goal and rules. I always see in school people fighting if cheerleading is or not; I dont really think but I guess thats up to other people to decide for themselves.
jack
jack
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Read This

dear Tim,
The age where the US military has to defend our constitutional beliefs in our own country is long gone. Terrorists arent threatening democracy. You see, what the Military is doing now is defending our constitutional beliefs in other countries, which is not bad, its a moral policy, where America gets to go around fixing to world. Good, cause the world needs to be fixed. It sucks. the middle east, Africa, fuck you all. So America isn't defending itself, its spreading democracy.

Dear Ian and Mr. Douchbag,
U R BRAINWASHED BY THE LIBERAL MEDIA. SEEK IMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION!!! STAY AWAY FROM TV NEWS, AND BLUE DONKIES!!! Ok ian, this is barracks policy since i know u don't know. 1) Tax the rich(thats u) and provide Universal Healthcare(possibly from the extra money from the rich people's taxes) 2) Contradictorilly, he states that America needs to adopt a moral foreign policy, although attesting the war in Iraq and supporting war in Iran and Syria, or atleast anti terrorist shit, saying we need to stop terrorism in these countries. Hmmmm, i thought that was what we are doing in Iraq, so why pull out and focus on Iran? Idk, perhaps Senator Contradictioncan explain. 3) He hopes to get rid of Nukes. Ok great, how senator? Well, hes going to talk to Russia to kindly ask them to stop making nukes, lower US missile defense budgets, get rid of most of our nukes, and stop other countries from producing nukes. Good luck with that. So Barack, the leader of Al Quieda, and Vladimir Putin are all sitting at a table in the UN. U do the math. 4) some other shit to prove i know what im talking about: hes pro abortion, or pro-choice w/e, hes odviously against the war in Iraq, he proposes more money spent for education, he wants to eliminate taxes on senior citizens with incomes less than 50k, and wants to get rid of the 102k cap on social security taxes, so basically he doesnt like taxing the poor, and thinks the rich should pay enough taxes for the poor and the middle class. Our wallets may be deep, but not endless. Oh, and don't forget, hes a Black Supremacist. Remember Trinity Church, Jerimiah Wright and a 23 year relationship with him, "Racially charged surmons," im sure its not the first time hes heard these eleged surmons.

Dear Conservatives(i dont mean Republicans, just u Conservatives)
Conservatism is like counter productivity. Every single time this nation has made progress, the Conservatives have been the ones to strike it down and stand in the way of progress. Conservatives are poison to the Nation, and I certainly am not calling the Republican Party bad, just the Conservative republicans. Sure Democrats want change, but they will only bring bad changes. Non-conservative republicans are the ones who will bring great progress to this nation. Do u like the pace of change we r having in Iraq, this is conservatism, nothings getting done cause we dont want to change anything. I hate more than Liberals anarchists, eleged anarchists, and people that hate the Army. The U.S. military protects u and u have to believe that whether u support what they r doing now in Iraq or not. The military isn’t to blame, hello, its Mister Commander in Chief. So nick, and all u others, u can’t hate the military and u can’t say that we should not have a military because u can never make fighting stop. U can’t have it so that no one will ever kill each other unless u want to start like a Super Utopia like the Giver, good luck with that. People would start fighting, and it would be just like a war, but without a military, man vs. man.

I saw Charlie Wilson's War, and in the end it quoted him it said, blah blah something about Afganistan, because that was what it was about how we freed the afgani's from the Russians, which is like what we are doing now in Iraq, only we r freeing them from (poop), Anyway, it said we did good in afganistan, but we fucked it all up in the endgame. He said this cause he wanted to get the people back to their normal lives, like make schools, and give them military training and what not. This relates to Iraq because i think this is what America is trying to do, they realized that they fucked up before in other conflicts, so now they are trying to do it right, to "free" the Iraqis. This is being accomplished, sort of, but i just think that that is the reason why we r still in Iraq, so we dont "fuck it up in the endgame."
DP
DP
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:58 pm

oops this last post was supposed to be in a different topic my bad(dam niggers)
DP
DP
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Javs Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 pm

yeah i got confused in the first sentence, so i stopped reading
Javs
Javs
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down